Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tiled outdoor dining table

RainbowDiY
Having an Impact

Tiled outdoor dining table

My old outdoor table was looking very tired. The chairs were still in good condition but the table was shot. All replacements didn’t match the chairs or was super expensive. I saw these beautiful marble mosaics and had an idea.

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0287.jpeg

I bought 17ml form ply, a set of legs, 2x4 to strengthen the table as it’s 2.2 m long and 1.2 m wide , merbau decking to make an apron and the edge of the table. I matched the marble mosaic to a beautiful outdoor pool tile called Bali stone which had a hint of green which picked up the green in the mosaic.

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_0488.jpegI then got a tile adhesive and spacers, laid out my tiles and stuck them down. Once dry I grouted the table in Soft grey and edged the table with a merbau strip. 

i am so happy with the results. It matched our chairs, its unique and most importantly it resilient and sturdy, important for a growing young family.

the total cost came in at $800 approx which I think is very reasonable for the quality of the table. 

give it a whirl !

Materials

17ml sheet form ply 1.7x1.2 x 2

Heavy Duty outdoor table legs - Apex

70x35x2.4 M10 pine 4 of

Merbau screening 

tile adhesive

tile spacers

gray grout

sponge and tile float

Tools

Hand saw

drill and driver

tile comb

tile float 

grout sponge 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tiled Outdoor Dining Table

Hi @RainbowDiY,

Thank you for sharing your fabulous new outdoor table.

This is such a creative way to build something entirely unique that your growing family can enjoy together for years to come.

I love the choice of tiles; they really complement each other and the space.

Congratulations on a fantastic project.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects