Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to use EasyDRAIN Pit Boss Connector in a rainwater pit installation?

denisl
Growing in Experience

How to use EasyDRAIN Pit Boss Connector in a rainwater pit installation?

Hey guys, I am doing a small rainwater pit install and I had a few questions about using Everhard EasyDRAIN Pit Boss Connector

I have a pit case and some dwv pipe

My first question is whether I slide the connector from inside of pit case to out, or from outside in? I would have surely thought outside in (otherwise it would be very hard to get the screws in from inside the case), but there is a comment on the pit connector page that I think states otherwise. Just wanted to confirm.

My second question is how do I best secure the dwv pipe to the connector? It slides in nicely, but how does it stay there? Solvent cement?

Thanks as always!

Denis

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: EasyDRAIN Pit Boss Connector correct usage

Hi @denisl,

After you've drilled your hole in the side wall of the pit, the square flange of the Pit Boss should be offered up to it on the outside and stainless steel screws used to secure it in place. Silicone can be used to seal the joint between the Pit Boss flange and the wall of the pit. The square flange sits against the wall of the pit; the circular section does not pass through the hole, whether from the outside or inside.

Once in position, apply solvent cement to the end of your pipe and the Pit boss to secure it in place.

I think what's happened with that comment is they've pushed the circular section through the hole from the outside and then realised you can't push the hose into the back of the Pit Boss. They've then pushed the circular fitting through the hole from the inside, and the pipe will then connect. However, as mentioned, the circular section does not pass through the hole at all. The square flange is stuck and screwed to the outside of the side wall. I've created a rendering for you below, which should illustrate better.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
denisl
Growing in Experience

Hi @MitchellMc ,

Thanks very much, very informative reply as always! 

I just want to clarify something you said: "the circular section does not pass through the hole". The circular section you are referring to is the shorter circular side of the pit boss connector, right? I will try illustrate the question with a picture:

20241017_110005.jpg

The red arrow is the circular section you're talking about? 

Is my picture above how it is supposed to sit in the end (with silicone and screws)? Does that mean the hole in the pit wall has to be ever so slightly smaller than the inner diameter of the circular section? To prevent the circular section from sliding in?

Cheers,

Denis

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

The hole in the pit wall needs to be ever so slightly larger than that smaller circular section @denisl. That little bit goes inside the hole, making it a flush fitment of the flange. The larger circular section doesn't pass through the hole, and what I was talking about.

Sorry, I didn't realise there was a small circular section.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
denisl
Growing in Experience

Thanks very much again @MitchellMc , that clarifies everything for me :smile:

Warm Regards,

Denis

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects