Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair webbing on garden chairs?

TJB1945
Just Starting Out

How to repair webbing on garden chairs?

How could I repair the webbing (heavy duty plastic) on metal framed garden chairs,these I bought from Bunnings a very common item.I can't really see how they are originally fixed the webbing has a small hole in it but the frame is not drilled at all.

Perhaps I could wrap it around and staple it but would the staple penetrate this webbing.

I have a number of these chairs so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair of webbing on garden chairs?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TJB1945. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing webbing.

If you could post some images of the damage, that would assist our members in making informed suggestions. Let me know if you need a hand uploading photos.

Trying to repair the machine-installed webbing on chairs is not recommended by the manufacturer. If the original fixing method has failed, the chair support is now compromised and any repair would likely not be as strong as the original. You might like to check out this previous conversation on adding new webbing to the chair: How to fasten webbing over a steel chair frame.

If you were to install new webbing, fastening it by stitching with heavy-duty string could be an option. However, you need to bear in mind that if your repair fails, it could cause injury.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects