Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove the metal frame on the wall?

sharon77
Just Starting Out

How to remove the metal frame on the wall?

Hi,

I have some metal stuffs on the wall outside. They’re going to be rusted. How to remove them? What kind of tools do I need to cut these metals and do I need to order a bin? Or anywhere I can throw them?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove the metal frame on the wall?

Hello @sharon77 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about removing your metal fixtures.

Quite often these metal fixtures are fixed in place using heavy duty screws or bolts. Thus, they can be relatively easy to disassemble using the proper tools. However, before you take action, I just wanted to mention that it appears that metal fixtures are still in good condition. If you are worried about rust or delamination of the surface, have you considered painting them instead? For example, the fence extension still looks to be in good condition, this extension provides safety and prevents people from looking over the fence.

I also wanted to ask if this property is part of an apartment complex. If it is, it's likely that the metal structure in front of your door is there for an ornamental purpose. As for the metal gazebo, I recommend engaging the services of a handy person to disassemble it, as it appears to be a heavy complex structure. But even before doing that, if you are part of a housing complex, odds are there is a body corporate that oversees changes made on your property. I propose asking them first if it is ok to remove these features on your property.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects