Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix damaged copper waterpipe leading from outside garden tap?

marcforbutt
Finding My Feet

How to fix damaged copper waterpipe leading from outside garden tap?

Damaged pipe from ground

Hi guys, I’m wondering if anyone can help me understand my plumbing, I recently replaced a out door brass tap because as it was leaking, while trying to get the old tap off I damaged the pipe coining from the ground.

Does anyone know what this pipe is for and will it hold if it’s damaged, is it my main waterline?

IMG_1965.jpegIMG_1968.jpegIMG_1967.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: damaged copper waterpipe leading from outside garden tap

Hi @marcforbutt,

Many thanks for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

This copper pipe is likely connected to the mains water supply. The t-fitting is likely connected to another copper pipe that supplies water to another tap inside your property. 

Unfortunately, I'd suggest you need to contact a plumber to assist with this repair. As the pipe is under pressure and the connection has been weakened, over time it may come loose from the t-fitting which could cause further damage to your property.

You might like to use a service such as HiPages or True Local to find a plumber in your area.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Re: damaged copper waterpipe leading from outside garden tap

Thank you Jacob.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects