Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill and redrill a misaligned hole in a concrete wall?

Klaus
Just Starting Out

How to fill and redrill a misaligned hole in a concrete wall?

I recently drilled two 6mm holes in a concrete outdoor wall to install a doorbell. The two holes need to be in a vertical line, but I accidentally drilled one of them at an incorrect angle. I would like to know if there is a product I can use to fill the incorrect hole so I can redrill it properly afterward.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to Fill and Redrill a Misaligned Hole in a Concrete Wall?

Hi @Klaus,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I'd suggest filling the hole with Earl's 1kg Concremate Expanding Cement. This is a shrink-resistant cementitious filler that should be perfect for this application.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Klaus
Just Starting Out

Hi Jacob,

Thank you so much for your helpful advice!

I have a follow-up question: the hole I drilled is approximately 3-5cm deep. Is there any specific technique or product I should use to ensure that the entire hole is filled properly?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Klaus,

Not really anything specific, I'd just use this Kango 10mm Tuck Pointer and keep pushing it into the hole until no more will go in. 

Once it starts to overflow, wipe it off smoothly and wait till it's dry.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fill and redrill a misaligned hole in a concrete wall?

Hi @Klaus 

I just thought I'd add, similar to the curtain bracket, moving the holes slightly would be a good option. If the original holes are covered by the doorbell, that would be a simple fix.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects