Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean bird poo stuck in paint?

laura2989
Cultivating a Following

How to clean bird poo stuck in paint?

1000002506.jpg

Hi, so we're renting this apartment, and unfortunately the birds like to sit along the concrete wall of the balcony and poo everywhere.

I clean it regularly but lately there's been some marks that I can't remove. As you can see, the concrete has a stupid texture and it's painted so I'm trying not to be too rough with it. 

I've tried hot water with dishwashing liquid and a scrubbing brush but it just won't come out.

Are there any good products that can help with this? 

I don't own a pressure washer and I don't really want to get one solely for this purpose. 

Thanks. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean bird poo stuck in paint?

Hi @laura2989,

You might like to add a couple of tablespoons of baking soda to your water and dishwashing liquid mix. Allow the mixture to sit for ten minutes before agitating with a toothbrush.

Another option is to use a solution of equal parts vinegar and water. Or you can even try some Selleys 300g RP7 No Loss Straw Lubricant. With any of these solutions, I recommend trying them in an inconspicuous location to ensure they don't damage or stain the paintwork.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects