Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a triangular deck?

greglewis
Just Starting Out

How to build a triangular deck?

We want to build a small triangle deck so we can walk across the 250mm high gap, pics attached.

IMG_6999.jpeg

Would be very grateful for some ideas please. It doesn't need to be attached to the slab. Thank you! 

IMG_6995.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a triangular deck?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @greglewis. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about building a deck.

You should be able to assemble a triangular-shaped deck quite easily, as it's no more complete than a rectangular deck. Start by checking out this guide: How to build a low-level deck.

I've created a few renderings to show you what the structure could look like. I've used 90 x 45mm H3-treated timber and 90mm Merbau decking. The framing timber can be fixed together with galvanised bugle screws, and I'd suggest two for each joint.

The deck platform can be raised to the correct height on pavers or pedestal feet. The pedestal feet are great because they offer a huge amount of adjustability.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects