Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a Flyscreen Door?

Orlando
Cultivating a Following

How to build a Flyscreen Door?

Hi folks, are there any videos out there on how to build your own flyscreen doors? My house used to have a Jason flyscreen door fitted (the previous owner removed it for some reason). The strike plate is still on the frame. I don't necessarily have to reproduce a Jason door - a simpler flyscreen door would suffice, but I'd like to make the frame wider and more robust than those flimsy ones we used to have on our houses in the 70s. Know the ones I mean? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks, Orlando

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Home-made Flyscreen Door

Hello @Orlando 

Thanks for sharing your question about building a homemade flyscreen door. I'm sorry but we currently don't have a video guide on flyscreen door assembly.

However, I suggest having a look at the Pillar 2032 x 813mm Black Metric Contemporary Door Screen Barrier Steel Frame. It does double duty as a security door and flyscreen as well. The other option of course is to build a timber door frame from which you can attach flyscreen mesh.

The advantage of the timber door is that it is relatively easy to put together, and you don't need specialized tools to assemble it. The best part of course is that you can build it to custom size and be assured that it will fit correctly.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let me know.

Eric  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Orlando
Cultivating a Following

Eric,

Food for thought, the timber door. - might just do the job. The Bunnings door is too narrow I'm afraid.

Cheers, Orlando

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Orlando 

If you paint it a classic cottage green it will fit right in with the Colorbond fence. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects