Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach screening to Colorbond fence?

justo81
Just Starting Out

How to attach screening to Colorbond fence?

IMG_2416.jpegIMG_2415.jpeghi I am looking for advice and a solution, we have a staffy dog, and our neighbours on all sides of our back yard have dogs as well, one of our neighbours dogs has already broken through the colorbond fencing, my question is there anything I can fix to our side of the fence to make it harder for our dog to bust through, screening etc, and best way to do it,

thanks in advance.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: attaching screening to colorbond fence

Hi @justo81,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I'd suggest attaching some Bamboo Screening to your side of the fence. While it is lightweight enough to not overload the fence, it is still strong and will offer some additional protection, while still looking nice.

This can be attached to the fence using Zenith 12G x 20mm Galvanised Hex Head Metal Screws over the connecting wires and into the fence posts.

Allow me to tag some of our helpful members to see if they have any other ideas, @DIYGnome, @Jewelleryrescue, @JoeAzza.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Jacob

justo81
Just Starting Out

IMG_2429.png

Would thicker one like this one be better for our dog? And would you screw into top and bottom rail? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @justo81,

Those would be far better than thinner screening and are likely what my colleague meant. Alternatively, you could use Merbau panels

It would be best to install them onto the top and bottom rails. If they don't react, you might need to install some timber horizontal batons to span between the Colorbond posts and mount onto them.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects