Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach a metal garden screen to a brick wall?

A1821801
Getting Established

How to attach a metal garden screen to a brick wall?

IMG_5741.png

Hi community, 

Seeking advice about the best way to attach a Jack garden metal screen to a brick wall. I don’t have a soldering tool. Someone suggested using metal washers. How do I drill into brick? Do I use plugs? Thank you. 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: best way to attach a metal garden screen to a brick wall

Hi @A1821801,

Thank you for your question about attaching the Jack 180 x 100cm Grip & Grow Wall Frame Plant Trainer to a brick wall.

My suggestion is to place the screen against the wall and mark out the corners with a pencil. 

You can then use a STAHL Masonry Kit 7mm Drill With 25mm Green Wall Plugs, which contains a 7mm masonry bit, to predrill holes in your brick just inside the 4 corners of your frame, ensuring that the head of the screw will cover the frame when screwed in. 

You can then use Zenith 12G x 25mm Galvanised Hex Head Timber Screws, to screw the frame onto the wall. Hex head screws have a wide head, so you should be fine using just these, but as you've suggested, a, M10 Galvanised Flat Round Washer can be used to spread the load out slightly.

You can check out How To Drill Into Bricks and How to hang just about anything for some further information.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

A1821801
Getting Established

Re: best way to attach a metal garden screen to a brick wall

Thanks Jacob. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects