Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Front yard overhaul with deck and landscaping

Julzy1405
Getting Established

Front yard overhaul with deck and landscaping

IMG_8754.jpeg

Overhauled the unused wasted space in the front yard of my duplex. French door has opened my lounge room right up giving the perfect opportunity to build a deck and landscape the front yard. 

Materials

rain bird sprinklers 

all retic accessories

merbau decking 

treated pine sleepers

dulux shale grey paint (fence)

retic poly pipe 

hedging lilly pilly 

various native plants

sir walter buffalo turf

pine bark mulch

oxy shield garden edging 

Tools

Ryobi Drill

Poly pipe cutters

Pliers

Spade

wheelbarrow

sledge hammer

hammer

Steps

Step 1

Dug out existing trees and shrubs, and removed concrete garden edging

IMG_8844.jpeg

Step 2

Dad built the deck over the existing concrete and before the french doors were put in.

IMG_8847.jpeg

IMG_8951.jpeg

Step 3

Painted fence & hired concrete cutter from Kennards to cut concrete on both sides of deck and sledge hammered concrete out.

IMG_9068.jpeg

Step 4

French doors installed and shovelled 6 cubic square meters of top soil to level out ground. Reconfigured and moved existing retic pipes to suit new garden layout. Hedge planting started.

IMG_9105.jpeg

Step 5

Dad built two steps for deck. Corten steel retaining wall and edging installed, levelled out top soil and lay turf. Hedge planting on front boundary

IMG_9232.jpeg

IMG_9343.jpeg

Step 6

Stone pavers, Native plants, mulch and boundary steel edging installed.

IMG_9501.jpeg

IMG_9602.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Front yard overhaul with deck and landscaping

What a terrific first project to share with the Bunnings Workshop community @Julzy1405. I'm sure many members will be inspired by what you have achieved with your front yard makeover. 

The deck looks like a great spot to enjoy a drink after a long day. I'm also a fan of the steel edging.   

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We look forward to seeing what projects you tackle next. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need a hand or have a project to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Herrenovacation
Having an Impact

Re: Front yard overhaul with deck and landscaping

What a great front yard makeover @Julzy1405 very inspiring. 

Really like that you have three separate areas that each stand out for different reasons. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects