Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does Bunnings have 30mm waterproof spacers?

PatDIY_Dad
Building a Reputation

Does Bunnings have 30mm waterproof spacers?

Hi guy's 

I need to close the gaps here on each side by around 30mm for the grate to sit on firmly just in case someone walks on it (just so it is strong enough to hold firmly)

I found 20mm plastic spacers but so Bunnings sell 30mm ones?

Saves me from joining multiple together 

Or if anyone has an alternative that won't get damaged by small amounts of water 

Drain is under a pergola so this would only be used when we wash the floor with hose etc 

1000005015.jpg

1000005016.jpg

  

1000005015.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: 30mm waterproof spacers?

Hello @PatDIY_Dad 

Thanks for sharing your question about 30mm spacers. Would a round spacer work for this application? I propose looking at the Holman 32mm x 1m Class 12 PVC Pressure Pipe cut into 30mm lengths. If you are after a more robust pipe, you can use the Holman 50mm x 6m Class 12 PVC Pressure Pipe as it has thicker walls.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
PatDIY_Dad
Building a Reputation

Thanks for the response Eric

Yeh I would need a solid flat spacers that's 30mm thick 

That one I linked looks like they only make up to 20mm

Might have to join a few together 

Evening @PatDIY_Dad 

I dont know of any 30mm plastic spaces, Unless you want to add a few different ones together.

How about using a different product for spacing?

Matrix 900 x 40 x 40mm Plastic Garden Stake Think star type post, so maybe diagonally you would get 30mm worth of spacing if you drille dthrough the post? I also came across 23mm square plastic posts that may work as well.

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PatDIY_Dad 

I had a thorough look and there seems to be no 30mm plastic wedge available. I did however find Ezipier 30mm x 4m SHS Ezibrace Post. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll need to join wedges together to achieve the thickness you are after.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects