Workshop
Ask a question

What glue to use for wallpaper seams repair?

Jazz284
Just Starting Out

What glue to use for wallpaper seams repair?

What kind of glue is a good choice for small repairs on wallpaper where the seams have lifted?

Thank you for any assistance.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wallpaper Repair Glue

Hi @Jazz284,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I'd suggest using Selleys 150g Kwik Grip Spray Contact Adhesive. Apply a coat to both the back of the wallpaper and the wall beneath and leave them apart until touch dry which should take around 5-10 minutes. Once dry, you will need to apply pressure while the glue sets. This can be done by placing a piece of timber, on the seam and leaning something heavy, such as a dining chair against it. The longer pressure is applied the better, overnight is ideal.

Let me know what you think and if you've got further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

R4addZ
Getting Established

Re: Wallpaper Repair Glue

Hi @Jazz284,

Oh my, don't use a contact adhesive. Can you imagine trying to strip the wall for repapering in the future! Simply mix a little wallpaper paste and use that making sure you keep it pressed down frequently while it dries. Alternatively you could actually use the correct glue for the job which Bunnings should be able to order in if they don't stock it....

https://www.amazon.com.au/Solvite-Wallpaper-Adhesive-Extra-Strong-Easy-Spread/dp/B0032NJ0V2?th=1

See this video for instructions on how to apply it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyMTOTpGMPk

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What glue to use for wallpaper seams repair?

Hi @Jazz284,

I just thought I'd add that Poly 250g Wallpaper Paste is ideal for sticking back loose edges. When the adhesive behind wallpaper dries out, the wallpaper will sometimes lift and curl away from the wall. If the wallpaper is thick or heavily curled, wet it with a sponge as this makes it more flexible and easier to work with. Remember to wipe away any excess adhesive squeezed out when the wallpaper is pressed back into place.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects