Workshop
Ask a question

What paint to use for a bedroom wall?

margiemh
Finding My Feet

What paint to use for a bedroom wall?

Hi, just checking on the various little paint colour charts there are letters next to the colour names, ie, UD/EB, D, W.

So I only need enough paint for one wall in bedroom.  I would prefer to use a low sheen type of paint that is also not too expensive.

So, what would you suggest out of those letters please?

Many thanks,

Margie

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting

Hi @margiemh,

Thank you for your question about selecting paints.

These letters refer to the base required for mixing custom colours. UD stands for ultra-deep; D stands for deep, and W stands for white. These letters do not have any real bearing on your paint selection as the team at the Paint Desk will simply use them to select the right base to mix your paint to the colour of your choosing. The base you need would be relative to the colour you are looking to use. 

The amount of paint you will require is relative to the wall's size. I'd suggest checking out How To Determine Your Paint Requirements for some guidance on how much paint you'll require.

There are quite a few options for low-sheen interior paint such as PPG White Low Sheen TradePro, British Paints White Low Sheen Interior Paint And Prime and Dulux Wash and Wear. The choice of paint will come down to the colour you select as not all bases are compatible with every colour choice.

I'd suggest having a chat with the team at your local store's paint counter. They will be able to advise you on the compatibility of bases with your colour selection.

You might also like to have a look at How To Choose An Interior Paint Colour for some additional guidance.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Re: Painting

Many thanks JacobZ, I was there at the paint desk, sometimes the people are quite young and not always correct, but still not sure.  I’m thinking I will work it out.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects