Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate Regal 1998 caravan?

Leisa2
Just Starting Out

How to renovate Regal 1998 caravan?

Hello Everyone,

So i am a completely new renovator, hoping to transfer my caravan into a modern look but am needing some pics,advice an inspiration to start. Im wanting to also do the outside aswell but am not sure weather to Paint over or remover sign or put new stickers over the complete outside for a new look. With the inside it is a light pink cover which i dont like at all so dont know weather to paint over or if anyone has any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I am going to upload more pics of inside.Also wondering if there are any apps that can style caravans etc for ideas or put my ideas into the caravan itself.

Kind regards

LeisaIMG_1320.pngIMG_1319.pngIMG_1317.pngIMG_1316.pngIMG_1314.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to renovate Regal 1998 caravan?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Leisa2. It's splendid to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about renovating a caravan.

I'd recommend starting with reading through these guides by one of our resident caravan renovation experts @Peggers: How to fix an old caravan and How to style a caravan. He has some great advice that is sure to get you on the right track. 

For the outside, you can either paint over or remove the existing stickers or add new ones for a fresh look. If the white paint is in reasonable condition, I'd advise leaving it as it is. 

For the inside, you can paint over the light pink walls and cabinetry, and I suggest you invest in a good quality primer for difficult-to-paint surfaces like Dulux Maximum Adhesion Primer. It will stop you from having to sand back all the glossy surfaces. You can then topcoat it with Dulux Aquanamel. Whilst you are painting the cabinetry, it would be worth updating the handles to something more modern.

For the benchtops, I recommend switching them out for Finger-jointed Timber Panels, which will add a lovely warmth to the space. 

For your floors, you can consider self-adhesive vinyl planks as they are extremely quick and easy to install, or you might like to go for the more luxurious hybrid flooring.

With some work and changing the flooring, colours and benchtops, the interior will be looking amazing. Here are 10 caravan renovations that I'm sure you'll find inspirational.

Let me mention a couple of our caravan enthusiasts, @FloTheCaravan and @twocutekelpies, that might be able to offer some advice. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects