Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount a 75-inch TV?

dylanfosberry
Just Starting Out

How to mount a 75-inch TV?

I am in the process of wall mounting a 75" TV (33kg) using a static bracket. I am able to secure the bracket to two wall studs about 86cm apart. However, there is no middle stud. Would the two outside anchor pointed be enough?

jaiprak
Having an Impact

Re: How to mount a 75" TV

I have wall mounted a 75 inch tv with two studs that didn’t align in the Center. The first stud was 3rd hole from start and the second was 2 holes past midway. So put a third one in plaster board to avoid any movement. It is tilted at 5 and is standing for the last 3 years. You can also mount a MDF board across 3 studs and put the mount on the MDF board

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to mount a 75" TV

Hi @dylanfosberry,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

It all comes down to what the manufacturer of the product calls for in their installation guide. 

Unfortunately, due to the risks involved with hanging a heavy TV from the wall, I cannot advise another method of installation that is outside of the manufacturer's specifications.

If the manufacturer of the TV bracket calls for attachment to 3 studs, that means the product was designed and engineered with that level of attachment in mind. This may mean removing the plasterboard to install blocking, or another vertical stud.

I am very surprised based on the spacing that there is not a third stud available. Vertical studs are spaced at 450mm centres so there should in theory be another one between the two you've been able to locate.

I'd suggest picking up a stud finder and double checking that there is not a stud available before moving to a more intrusive solution.

You might like to check out How to use a stud finder for some guidance.

Let me know how you go, I'm more than happy to assist further if required.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects