Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix roller blind mount?

Lilianlitong
Just Starting Out

How to fix roller blind mount?

Hi bunnings workshop community,

We have a problem with the curtain structure on the wall in the living room, it is very fragile, can break any time. Can you help? give me an idea how to fix it?

pictures attached.

Thank you very much

Lilian20240821_163711.jpg20240821_163612.jpg 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix the curtain structure on the wall

Hello @Lilianlitong 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your questions about fixing your roller blind mounting. 

I suggest carefully removing your roller blind from its current location and putting it somewhere safe. Once you've removed your roller blind, can you please take a photo of the mounting brackets and how it's screwed to your window trim. Is your wall plasterboard or concrete/masonry? Once you provide us with the information about your wall, we'll be able to give you recommendations on how to repair your roller blind mount. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric 

Thanks for your email, We removed the roller blind, and I attached photos, the wall is plasterboard.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Lily20240822_163900.jpg20240822_163924.jpg20240822_163753.jpg20240822_163805.jpg
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Lilianlitong 

Thank you for posting those extra photos of your roller blind timber mount. I propose removing the timber piece that is attached to the trim of your window frame. Put this aside for a moment and look at the top trim of the window. Do you see any other screws along this piece of timber? If you don't see any, I propose putting a screw on the end of the window trim at the top. If the screw goes in past the plasterboard and into the windows timber frame, you should see the timber trim get pulled to the wall. 

If that happens, I suggest putting another screw on the other end and two in the middle evenly spaced apart. I've placed a sample image below to give you an idea of how to anchor it back to your wall. once the trim is secure screw the roller blind timber back into place. The roller blind holder should now be secure, and you can re-install the roller blind itself.       

I suggest using Zenith 10G x 50mm Countersunk Rib Head Chipboard Screws when securing your window trim.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

G'day Eric @EricL 

I was wondering why someone had attached that additional piece of wood. I originally thought it was to project the curtain a little further away from the window, but looking closer - the top right mitre joint appears to be shattered with at least two nail heads exposed. Hard to tell, but based on that bracket's position, someone had determined there was no longer any viable wood to screw it into. In fact, even that new piece has split with the screw placement.

See what you think.

Cheers.

mitre.PNG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects