Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill this paint patch in wall?

hmmm12
Finding My Feet

How to fill this paint patch in wall?

Hi Team, 

I had these wall hook installed on the wall and when I removed them they left a patch on the wall and paint was removed . I am a tenant and need to fix these myself . Any idea on how do I fix them ?

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fill this paint patch in wall

Hello @hmmm12 

Thanks for sharing your question about your plaster wall. I suggest sanding the surface with a 240grit sandpaper to rough up the surface. Wipe it clean with a clean rag and then fill the damage with a UNi-PRO 500g Multi Purpose Interior Filler. Your goal is to fill the damage just enough to be at the same level as the painted surface.

Allow the filler to cure properly before you sand the surface again to give it a flat feature. Wipe the surface clean once more before you paint it.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide:  How To Patch Plaster.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

image.jpg

it doesn’t look the patch hole in the wall But just a layer of paint has come off . Even for such case I’ll have to follow same mechanism which you have stated above ?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @hmmm12 

Yes, the paint flap will need to removed and the gap filled. You can apply the same repair procedure on that spot as well.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects