Workshop
Ask a question

How to stain Victorian Ash dinning table and chairs?

Caroline_8
Just Starting Out

How to stain Victorian Ash dinning table and chairs?

IMG_9387.jpeg

IMG_9385.jpeg

Hi there 

could you please assist in choosing the correct stain and products for my table and chairs. I would like to choose a stain colour that looks like the images provided. And as it’s a table there will be hot plates going on top. Thank you so much. 😊 

Caroline.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stain Victorian Ash dinning table and chairs?

Hi @Caroline_8,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to recommend a stain based on images as the colour is relative to the monitor you are using and the colour of the timber. My suggestion is this regard is to check out the Cabots Step-by-Step Colour Guide and follow the steps ensuring you select Vic Ash as the base timber colour and select the closest product to your inspiration images.

I'd suggest using the Cabot's Oil Based Stain And Varnish as it is a standalone product that does not require topcoat, it is hard wearing and tintable based on your preferences.

Once you've selected a colour that you like, head in store and speak to the helpful team at the Paint Desk. They'll be able to tint the product to your chosen colour.

You might like to check out How To Stain An Indoor Table for some guidance on the process.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects