Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace white laminate warped by heat on kitchen cupboards?

Leebc
Finding My Feet

How to replace white laminate warped by heat on kitchen cupboards?

The laminate in/on our kitchen cupboards has melted/warped and lifted due to excessive heat from the stove.

What is the best way to sort this out? Is it possible to get the laminate replaced or would I need to replace the affected cupboard doors?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Colin.20240709_104417.jpg20240709_104439.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacing white laminate warped by heat, on kitchen cupboards

Hello @Leebc 

Thanks for sharing your question about repairing your laminated kitchen doors. Unfortunately, the laminate has settled and shrunk. I'm afraid the door will need to be replaced with a new one. The other option of course is to remove the laminate completely and paint the door.

But before you go in that direction, I am a bit worried about the fact that your stove/appliance was so hot that it melted the laminate on your kitchen door. Generally speaking, the wall cabinets are usually placed at a certain height to prevent such things from happening.

Was there another appliance placed under those cabinets that generated a lot of heat? If there was, it's likely that the same thing will happen again unless the appliance is transferred to another location. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects