Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix rangehood that won't pull out?

noobie
Just Starting Out

How to fix rangehood that won't pull out?

Hi all,

Needing advise on how I can fix our rangehood. It wouldn't pull out fully and has only one level of exhaust. I remember it having at least 2 levels of power. I took out the filters and saw that because its not fully extending, the switch is not triggered properly. How can I fix this? I can't seem to find any adjustment latch or any way to take out the sliding brace.

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_3657.jpeg

IMG_3658.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Rangehood wouldn't fully pull out

Hello @noobie 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your rangehood.

Thank you for sharing a photo of your rangehood. The switches you are looking at are a "gang style" switch that technically integrates 4 switches into one device. Generally speaking, the switch operates one function every time you pull the rangehood out further.

The first switch is for the light and the first, second, third switches are for the fan speed. If the pullout section of the rangehood does not want to come out further, it's possible that it is catching on one of the levers. One way to test this is to lift all the switches up and pull the pullout section to its full extension.

This in theory should set your rangehood to maximum speed. By pressing the last and second switch together it should change the fan speed. But if nothing happens, odds are the switch is broken and must be replaced. You'll need to engage an electrician to replace the switch for you.

I suggest looking at the brand and model number of the rangehood and see if you can contact the manufacturer for spare parts. If it is a Bunnings product, I'll be more than happy to track down replacement parts for you.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects