Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix kitchen drawer?

soffff
Finding My Feet

How to fix kitchen drawer?

IMG_3107.jpeg

Hi everyone! Hoping someone could help as I am having trouble finding a solution and no one can seem to help when I go to Bunnings! The front of these kitchen drawers keep coming off and now there’s parts missing off the metal clips on the side. I purchased some from Bunnings (pic attached) that someone recommended but the holes don’t line up so it won’t work. I’ve also tried to look for the same metal bits online but can’t find the brand (ham). Can I buy new drawers that fit the same? Any help would be great! Thank you! ☺️ 

IMG_3555.jpeg

IMG_3552.jpeg

IMG_3554.jpeg

IMG_3655.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix kitchen drawer?

Hello @soffff 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your drawer clip. 

I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with the Ham drawer clip product. If the suggested replacements don't work, I propose removing the clip and using Carinya 25 x 25 x 20 x 2mm Zinc Plated Angle Bracket to hold the drawer front to the steel drawer body. I suggest using Zenith 8G x 12mm Galvanised Button Head Metal Screws for the steel drawer body and Zenith 8G x 15mm Galvanised Button Head Stitching Timber Screws for the timber drawer front.

My best advice is to mark your drilling points in the steel with a Trojan 4mm Centre Punch. This is to prevent the screw from drifting when screwing it onto the side of the drawer. I've looked into the possibility of a drawer replacement with the Kaboodle set, but your drawer is too small. My only other suggestion is to engage the services of a cabinet builder and have them make a custom drawer replacement for you.

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much for your quick reply! That sounds like a perfect solution and will definitely give it a go! ☺️

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Afternoon @soffff 

What a pain and strangely I have a wonky set of drawers that need fixing myself... I think I have just worked out my own answer 😕

I really like @EricL 's suggestion as option one. That way everything stays the same and its just working with one set of draw stuff.

Option 2

Measure up the draws dimensions, see if there is a similar size one that you can buy flat pack wise (may need the special orders desk for only one drawer as I havnt done a kitchen for a few years) Once you have a similar one then Id be using your existing front faceplate when putting it together. You will need new rails and maybe some spacing if the drawer is slightly different in sizing. You would still be using @EricL 's suggestion of fixing the front to the sides btw.

For me, I will be doing option 1 for short term until I eventually get to redo the kitchen. It may not be the prettiest when the drawer is open but will be solid.

Dave

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Hi @soffff 

its hard to read the logo when your not familiar with the brand, but it's "hard" not "ham". The clip on screw front are available online from here.

Regards, Nailbag

IMG_3738.png

Thank you for your reply. I looked into the brand you mentioned but it didn’t look the same as the one I have however it lead me to the correct one! Yay! 

For anyone else looking for the same ones, the brand is ‘harn’ and I have found them on eBay! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects