Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect a Bosch dishwasher?

hutchy
Just Starting Out

How to connect a Bosch dishwasher?

Looking for advice for how to be fit the pipe to the tap, the hole is too small for the connection.

Only thing I can think of is getting an extended pipe, but I don’t want to have several metres of pipe required to be connected.

IMG_3588.jpeg

IMG_3589.jpeg

IMG_3590.jpeg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect a Bosch dishwasher?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hutchy. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a dishwasher.

Can I please confirm if the hose is too short or if the plastic unit on the hose is making contact with the cabinet, restricting it from being attached to the tap? If it's the latter, a plumber should be able to turn the tap fitting anti-clockwise slightly to align it better with the angle at which the hose comes in. Alternatively, you could enlarge the cutout with a jigsaw.

A plumber should be able to cobble together a few fittings to extend that outlet through the cutout, which would alleviate both a hose length issue and the obstruction of the cabinet.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

thank you for the help!

The hose has plenty of length, it’s just the hole in the cabinet not fitting the end of the hose correctly 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

If the tap fitting is turned 10 degrees anti-clockwise, I think it will give you the room you need @hutchy. Turning it that little shouldn't cause it to leak; best to check, though.

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @hutchy 

Just to add to the suggestions made, another solution you can try is to use an ordinary Kinetic 1.2m Washing Machine/Dishwasher Double Ended Inlet Hose on the washing machine tap and linking your Bosch inlet hose to the extension hose using a  Brasshards 20mm Brass Threaded Hexagon Nipple. It will of course make the inlet hose longer, but it saves you a visit from the plumber.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

It still won’t fit through the gap unfortunately, maybe a jig saw is the way to go :unhappy: 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @hutchy 

You'll notice that in your third picture the Bosch hose head shows that it can pass through the gap of the shelf. The reason you can't turn your hose is because of the antileak/burst device attached to the end of the hose. The Kinetic 1.2m Washing Machine/Dishwasher Double Ended Inlet Hose does not have that device and can be easily turned once attached to the laundry tap. The Kinetic washing machine hose and your Bosh inlet hose are the same standard size. 

However, if you are referring to another gap, can you please post a picture so that we can see what it looks like?

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects