Workshop
Ask a question

How can I fix burn mark on laminate benchtop?

mona1098
Just Starting Out

How can I fix burn mark on laminate benchtop?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello, I need advise on if this burnt mark on the kitchen slab can be fixed without having to change the whole kitchen top. It was caused by a hot tong. The laminated part has burnt off and the attached pictures show the condition it is in right now. Hoping to find a solution to fix it. Thanks! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I fix this burnt mark on my kitchen top? A hot tong was placed here and it was burnt.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mona1098. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a burn on laminate.

Unfortunately, there likely isn't any way of repairing the damage that has been done. You could try using a scourer to remove the scorch mark. If you were able to use sandpaper to abraid any high spots, then you might be able to spot-paint the area. In all likelihood, painting the benchtop with the Dulux Renovation range would probably be one of the only options. 

This question comes up quite regularly in the community, so you might like to read through some of the previous discussions. Also, check out this Best Advice guide: How do you fix a burn mark on laminate?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects