Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What plants are suitable for a slope with rocky soil?

sharda
Just Starting Out

What plants are suitable for a slope with rocky soil?

which plants are best to plant on Slope rough rocky soil, getting full sun?

Have put weeding mats two weeks ago after removing all the grass.

A year ago it had big bushes of pandanus pygmaeus.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: plants

Hi @sharda,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

As plants are very climate-specific, could you advise your general location and maybe upload some images of where you'd like to plant? This would give our members a much better basis to offer advice specific to your requirements.

Often on sloping surfaces with rocky soil, shrubs, grasses, groundcovers and succulents will have success. Some general suggestions that are all native to Australia and might be good for you include:

You might like to check out How to choose plants for your garden and How to arrange plants in a garden for some guidance.

Also, allow me to tag some of our helpful gardeners within the community @HitOrMiss, @Noelle, @mich1972, @ChloeThomson.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if you need help uploading images, I'm more than happy to help.

Jacob

sharda
Just Starting Out

17178145519536757556685740454423.jpg

1717814616794401895224350695965.jpg

sharda
Just Starting Out

Located in gladstone.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @sharda,

Looks like a brilliant clean slate to work with. A very exciting planting project certainly awaits.

Some other plant suggestions that would be good for the planting conditions and climate in Gladstone are:

You might also like to check out our Garden Corner which has a massive amount of information on gardening in all climates and conditions.

Let me know what you think.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects