Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi ‘easy edge’ mower

thisiswright
Community Newcomer

Ryobi ‘easy edge’ mower

Simple question. I recently purchased a 36v Ryobi 46cm mower, featuring the ‘easy edge’ feature. It doesn’t appear to pull the lawn edge and cut as per the manual. Is there a special trick to make this easy edge feature work, am I missing some sort of attachment or is it a great idea in theory ? Thanks, IAN

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi ‘easy edge’ mower

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @thisiswright. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Ryobi 36V mower.

The Easy Edge feature is already attached to the mower. It's designed to extend the deck's cutting capacity to drag in edges that would otherwise be obstructed by the wheels. When running it along a wall or edge, it should allow the grass within 50mm of the edge to be drawn into the cutting deck. If the grass is already quite short, it might not be long enough to be drawn into the deck. 

There's no special trick to the features use, and it should be as easy as running the mower hard up against the edge. 

Could you post an image of the grass that remains at the edge after mowing? Let me know if you need help uploading images.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects