Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is my hedge dying and how can i bring it back?

sherrib
Just Starting Out

Is my hedge dying and how can i bring it back?

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

Have not small parts of the hedge leafs falling off and leaving dead like patches but has not started to spread across the hedge 

not sure what types of hedge it is either 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is my hedge dying and how can i bring it back?

Hello @sherrib 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your hedge.

I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to diagnose a sick plant by @Noelle. It appears that you might have fungal leaf spots by the pattern of damage on your leaves. I recommend cutting off all the infected leaves and binning them, do not mix it in with your compost. 

I propose using Yates 200ml Liquid Copper Fungicide on the affected area and the rest of your hedge. Make sure to spray underneath the leaves as well. I can only diagnose on what I'm seeing on your photo, but I suggest observing your hedge and see if there are any other external factors that could be affecting it. These can be insect infestation, water-logged soil or chemical spray drift. 

Let me call on our experienced members @Grub80 and @Noelle for their recommendations.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when treating your hedge.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects