Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove weed in Buffalo lawn?

simonsez85
Community Newcomer

How to remove weed in Buffalo lawn?

Hi Bunnings,

I recently bought David Grays Crabgrass herbicide from your Craigieburn store to remove what appears to be crabgrass weed in our Buffalo grass due to the dark green leaf colour in one section of our lawn. The product doesn't seem to have done anything but it has only been 5 days. I followed the instructions on the bottle (one capful for Buffalo).

I'm thinking this weed may not be crabgrass. Any suggestions what weed it could be?

And what weed killer would be best suited to remove this weed from Sir Walter Buffalo grass (also purchased from Bunnings) several years ago.

20240925_081351.jpg

20240925_081642.jpg

20240925_081342.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove weed in Buffalo lawn?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @simonsez85. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Buffalo lawn.

I'm not particularly convinced that this is anything other than new spring growth on your Buffalo lawn. Nothing from your images suggests a different type of grass or weed. Crab grass has a very distinctive circular growth pattern from a central point. I don't think that is seen here.

I'm fairly certain you are just seeing new growth in some sections, and I'd recommend you apply a slow-release fertiliser over the whole area to help the others along. Once it all fills in with new growth you'll have a lovely lush green lawn.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects