Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I connect a constant pressure pump to garden hose tap?

fcjoseph
Getting Established

Can I connect a constant pressure pump to garden hose tap?

Hi Team,

I have recently installed a pop up sprinkler system for my lawn. Below are the specifications of the the installation 

Total no of Sprinklers: 9

Sprinkler : K Rain 100MM PRO-S ADJ SPRAY

Pipes and connections :19mm polypipes and fittings

Aprox Length: 35m

But now the trouble I am having is I am not getting enough pressure on the sprinklers to pop up when I am running it on the hose tap. But works fine when rain water tank pump is working. But at the moment rain water tank is empty and pump is not working. 
Advise I am looking for is whether I can fit a constant pressure pump(I/N: 4819827) in between hose tap and my sprinklers pipe? So that I can get a better pressure, all the videos and installations shows connecting the inlet to a tank, but will it work with a inlet of a hose pipe?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I connect a constant pressure pump to garden hose tap

Hello @fcjoseph 

Thanks for sharing your question about connecting a constant pressure pump to your garden hose tap. Please do not connect the pump to your garden tap. If you wish to increase the pressure of the water coming out of your tap, I suggest engaging the services of Licensed plumber. The typical constant pressure pump must be attached to a water tank only as it pumps out a tremendous amount of water. 

Instead of a constant pressure pump, I suggest installing an Apex RainAid Retention Tank Valve. This will keep your water tank topped up and does not require a pump. In order for you to use the pump you currently have; I suggest filling your water tank with water from your garden tap. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects