Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix bottlebrush tree brown spots on leaves?

Will01
Growing in Experience

How to fix bottlebrush tree brown spots on leaves?

image.jpg

Hi, have just discovered brown spots on the leaves of my bottlebrush tree - what should I do? Many thanks 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bottlebrush tree brown spots

Hi @Will01,

Thank you for your question about how to address leaf spots on your bottlebrush tree.

It looks like it might be a fungal disease that is causing leaf spots.

This can be addressed with Yates 200ml Liquid Copper Fungicide. Ensure you follow the label for mixing ratios and follow all manufacturer's instructions for use.

Allow me to tag some of our helpful members to see if they have any suggestions, @Noelle, @Dave-1, @ChloeThomson.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Certainly looks like symptoms of disease to me too.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Evening @Will01 

I will throw my "fungal disease" in @JacobZ and @Noelle. I havnt really seen anything like it before. Is it over the whole bush?

Dave

Will01
Growing in Experience

Just seems to be on the lower half of leaves

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Will01 

Could something have splashed up on the leaves? And I am wondering if you pruned the effected branches how much foilage you would have left?

Dave

Will01
Growing in Experience

It’s on 50% of the tree leaves so I guess I could prune - I’ve just moved in so don’t know what’s happened to it. I will try fungus spray first and see what happens - thanks!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects