Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where to find free pallets?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mmaliha. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about locating pallets.

You can certainly call those stores to verify if pallets are available. I've contacted the team at Bunnings McGraths Hill, and they have several pallets you could collect there at the moment.

Keep us updated on your project, and please reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

k-laus
Just Starting Out

Hi! I came across this post and thought I’d try my luck at Bunnings Padstow but they say they don’t give out pallets. The lovely lady there called greenacre (no luck) and then Bankstown airport and on the phone they said I can pick them up after 5pm. I need about 10 as I’m trying to build a pallet deck (they said they had over 20!). I drove to Bankstown airport just to double check and they had no idea and said I can only go after hours and it’s just what they throw out. I’m so confused. Please help as I’m finding it difficult to locate pallets. Trying to keep costs low and also recycle material that is just going to landfill.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @k-laus. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about acquiring pallets.

You'll find many of our stores now have their pallets collected to be reused and recycled, and only severely damaged pallets end up going to landfill. This is a huge win as ten years ago, there were no pallet collection services, and it all went to landfill. Unfortunately, it means that acquiring multiple pallets can be a struggle as these recycling companies pick up all the pallets regularly. Apart from this, as you can see from this discussion, there is heaps of interest from our members also trying to pick up pallets for their projects.

I've called a few stores in your area, and they have a pallet recycling service organised to pick up their pallets. Your best bet might be to phone the stores on a Friday evening to see if they have any pallets available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

arunaxp
Just Starting Out

Free Pallet

I would really appreciate if I could get few wooden pallet near Como 6152,WA

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free Pallet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @arunaxp. It's wonderful to have you join us and many thanks for your question about acquiring pallets.

It would be worth having a chat with the helpful team at either Bunnings East Victoria Park or Willetton. We'll often leave out free pallets for customers to collect. The quantity held will differ depending on the number of orders we've received that week, so it's best to give the store a call before heading in to ensure they have some available.

What are you planning to build with them?

Mitchell

Shazzie74
Just Starting Out

free pallets

Hi, I would like to get two pallets. Near me if possible.

Thanks Sharon

Re: free pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Shazzie74. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about locating pallets.

Your best bet is to contact your local Bunnings store and ask if they have any available to pick up. Quantities vary throughout the week depending on what orders we've received and if your local store has an organised collection of them. 

Please let me know if you need assistance contacting your local store. If you can provide a location, I'd be more than happy to call them for you.

Mitchell

Brendon
Just Starting Out

I am after Wood Pallets (near Silverwater)

I am after 6 pallets was wondering if there is store near Silverwater that would be able to supply some.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I am after Wood Pallets (near Silverwater)

Hello @Brendon 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

I've just been in contact with Bunnings Rydalmere (02) 8832 8200 and Lidcombe (02) 9704 2400 and they both have pallets available at the store. However, I suggest calling them first to make sure that they have enough for your needs. 

It sounds like the start of a fantastic pallet project. Any details you can share with the community would be very much appreciated.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when handling the pallets.

Eric

Tilly2
Finding My Feet

Free Pallets (Murray Bridge)

Hi, I am a High School Student, in a Tech Studies class. For my project I will need some wooden pallets. I have heard of bunnings handing out free pallets, and I wanted to ask if the Murray Bridge bunnings had some in stock, and if they are allowed to reserve 7-8 for me as I live in the country.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects