Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the most effective sonic rodent repeller for a shed?

Cranswick
Building a Reputation

What is the most effective sonic rodent repeller for a shed?

Hi you sell a few Sonic Rodent repellers, Which is the best , most effective one you sell for repelling Rats in an outdoor shed ? 

l heard mixed reviews about the effectiveness of sonic rat repellers, reading the reviews on Bunnings website about half the people say they worked great while the other half said they were useless, so l am confused. would they be an effective way of keeping rats about from a car in an outdoor shed

The Big Cheese Advanced Pest Repeller or The Big Cheese Mega Sonic Pest Repeller or another one. 

Cranswick_0-1727513126546.png

Cranswick_1-1727513156939.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bunnings SONIC Rodent repellant

Hi @Cranswick,

Ultrasonic vermin devices are a deterrent. Imagine you have a spare room with something you want in it. When you walk into the room, an annoying sound rings in your ears. It deters you from entering, but if there is something there you really want, it's not going to stop you.

In your case, if the rats have nests in there, the annoying device might make them move on. However, I would encourage you to also use baits to try and curb any population. I'm a huge fan of the new RATSAK 450g Naturals Rodenticide Bait Pellets, as not only are they safe to use around cats and dogs, but anything that eats the rodents after they have been poisoned, such as owls, also is unaffected.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Cranswick
Building a Reputation

Thankyou, what if l covered the " ratsack naturals bait pellets " in Peanut butter would that make it more attractive to the rats and more likely to eat it. l am also condsidering Ratsack double stenght , it it safe for secondary poisoning with cats. Is it more effective then ' ratsack naturals' . So between Ratsack Natural and Ratsack double strenght which one is safer and which one kills better

Cranswick_0-1727656871222.jpeg

Cranswick_0-1727657100448.jpeg

Ratsack is a food source, so provided there isn't another one nearby, they will eat it @Cranswick. There shouldn't be any reason to add peanut butter.

Ratsak Naturals has been manufactured to prevent secondary poisoning and is certainly the safest option around cats. I questioned whether it was as effective as the original, and the Ratsak technical team assured me it was.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects