Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect my sink to a PVC flexible pipe joiner?

ben1984
Getting Established

How to connect my sink to a PVC flexible pipe joiner?

Hi, i'm connecting up a new sink in my garage. The sink does not align with the wastage pipe, so I want to use a flexible pipe joiner to connect the top of the sink with the p-trap. I thought this would be simple, and could just fit the pipe joiner directly on to either side, but it's just not connecting. Do I need some sort adapter or am I missing something fundamental?

The product i'm using:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/abey-50mm-pvc-flexible-pipe-joiner_p4760810

Thanks

IMG_3624.JPG

IMG_3623.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect my sink to a PVC flexible pipe joiner

Hello @ben1984 

Thanks for sharing your question about your sink. The Abey Flexible pipe joiner needs two pieces to work when being attached at the front of the waste trap. The first is the Holman 50mm DWV PVC Female Iron Adaptor and the second is the Holman 50mm PVC DWV Male Threaded Iron Adaptor.

To make sure that it fits properly, I suggest bringing the Abey Flexible pipe joiner with you and test fitting the 50MM PVC pipe adapters. When the Abey Flex pipe joiner is opened up the PVC pipe adapters should slide in. I've placed a sample diagram below to give you a general idea of how they join together.  

If it proves to be too difficult, I suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects