Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to close the roofing gap of my carport?

lewis118
Just Starting Out

How to close the roofing gap of my carport?

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

Hi everyone 

I'm looking to close the gap of the roof of my carport to the wall so I can then place some storage under without getting wet. 

Just trying to get some ideas to do it. 

thanks 

Lewis 

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: closing the roofing gap of my carport

Morning Lewis @lewis118 

Does it need to be waterproof?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @lewis118,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you join us.

The best solution to this issue will involve the installation of an apron flashing such as those shown on page 10 of the Lysaght Flashing Guide.

My suggestion would be to head in-store with your photos and some measurements and speak to the Team Members at the Trade Desk. 

They will be able to guide you through the process of ordering a custom flashing through Lysaght for your purposes.

Flashings can be tricky to install, so you might like to consider having a trade-qualified roofer carry out the installation for you.

Allow me to tag some of our helpful members to see if they have any other ideas, @Dave-1, @TedBear, @Jewelleryrescue.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Evening @lewis118 

My first though was to use some ridge capping but use it upside down. The page that @JacobZ describes has some examples and his suggestion to go in and have a chat would be a good idea. With my suggestion of using a ridge cap upside down  I would run some silastic along the top side of it as you attach it to the wall to create a waterproof barrier so the water runs downthe wall, hits the flashing and then off at an angle to flow onto your garage roof.

You would have to use a hammer drill to fix the tin to the wall of your house is all.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects