Workshop
Ask a question

Does a bidet installation need a plumber and certificate?

noobblet
Just Starting Out

Does a bidet installation need a plumber and certificate?

Hi all,

Need your expert advice please, I would like to install bidet in my toilet and I heard there are strict rules when it comes to installing bidet in Victoria. Do I strictly need a plumber to install it and to issue certificate of some sort for legal / insurance purpose? I heard I will also need some sort of backflow prevention? Could someone advice me on this too please? Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: bidet installation need certificate?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @noobblet. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a bidet.

Typically, bidets are required to have an anti-backflow device on them. Installing the bidet water connection and the anti-backflow device would require plumbing work to be connected. Any plumbing work requires a licensed plumber to complete it. So, yes, you would need a plumber to install it, and I trust they can provide any required certification.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks, I already have the bidet set from everkare, besides the anti-backflow device, anything else I need?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You'll need some plumber's tape and an adjustable spanner, @noobblet

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects