Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Repainted bathroom tiles

lynnestelle
Just Starting Out

Repainted bathroom tiles

We bought our villa a month ago and due to budget constraints I decided to paint the bathroom tiles myself with a very satisfactory outcome thanks to the good advice from Bunnings staff at Burleigh for the primer and Mermaid Waters for the top coat

Materials

Screenshot_20240728_141425_Gallery.jpg

 I used Taubmans Advanced Adhesive and Blocker as I wanted to paint bricks as well.

Tools

I used a Bunnings microfiber mini roller and wide masking tape 

Steps

Step 1

20240705_132240.jpg

 this was the before bathroom 

Step 2

20240706_102055.jpg

 before starting I did do a practice tile with pleasing result before masking up and starting 

Step 3

20240715_141330.jpg

 I ended up doing 3 undercoats as the brown of the tiles was very strong. I also had the bath professionally sprayed 

Step 4

20240728_141409.jpg

 this was the product I  was advised to use from Bunnings Mermaid.  I wasn't sure if it would be compatible with the undercoat but apparently both paint companies are under the same umbrella 

Step 5

20240728_140147.jpg

 I also did the matching tiles in the toilet,  this is the finished result 

Step 6

20240708_204715.jpg

 I also got brave and did the shower 

Step 7

20240719_164020.jpg

 the shower took a lot more masking plus an extra undercoat.  I gave the whole space 2 top coats of the White Knight 

Step 8

20240723_210410.jpg

 overall I'm very happy with the result

Step 9

Best small project category 

DIY July Australia 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Repainted bathroom tiles

Nice one @lynnestelle.

We have an inspiring collection of bathroom makeovers using paint, perhaps your project might be added to it soon! 

As this is a common challenge people want to tackle, have you got any tips for others that might like to paint their bathroom tiles? What did you learn along the way?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're thrilled to have you join us and look forward to reading about more of your projects and plans for around the house and garden. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects