Workshop
Ask a question

How to mount dryer on double brick wall?

KayJee
Just Starting Out

How to mount dryer on double brick wall?

Hello all. I am looking to mount my dryer onto the wall in the laundry room. I have purchased the Carinya Clothes Dryer Bracket Wall Mounting Kit from Bunnings. The instructions indicate that the bracket needs to be fastened into timber studs within the wall. However, our walls are double brick and I don't think there are any studs near where we are thinking of mounting the dryer. The product suggests to use a timber batten in place of the wall studs if there are none. However, I've received anecdotal advice from friends and relatives that I can just fasten the bracket directly into the wall.

Now, I definitely don't want to take their word for it and have the thing come crashing down one day. Can anyone give me some advice on whether a timber batten is needed? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mounting Dryer on Double Brick Wall. Need Timber Batten?

Hi @KayJee,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

The Carinya Clothes Dryer Bracket Wall Mounting Kit contains 2 x 6.5mm x 60mm masonry bolts for mounting to concrete/brick walls.

The instruction manual does not give instructions on mounting to brick walls; however, their website says - 

Brackets should only be attached to wall studs if attaching to plaster board walls, or brickwork/masonry (not mortar or grouting).

This tells me they are fine with it being bolted to brick walls as long as the fixings are driven into the brick, not the mortar. 

Ensure you use a 6.5mm Masonry Drill Bit for your pilot holes so you are in line with the instructions on their website.

Let me know if you've got any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects