Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kaboodle benchtop for bathroom vanity?

hobbycollector
Just Starting Out

Kaboodle benchtop for bathroom vanity?

CC65B44A-B63F-4649-A308-7041DF291C22.jpeg

Hi people.

I have a composite top vanity from Bunnings and I HATE it. It soaks up stains even from toothpaste or labels on cosmetic bottles etc. It needs to go.

I’d love to just get one of the mix and match freestanding 900mm vanity units and add a nice above bench sink and mixer to it. But my challenge is that although I’ve looked at the options about 500 times in the bathroom aisle, and scrolled pages on the website… I think there are only 2 ready made benchtop options. A wooden one, and a stone one. 

I don’t want the wooden look.

And I have read the reviews for the 900mm stone bench top and people have not been happy with its durability and the colour of the stone - lots of people report it being a yellow/cream tone rather than white.

SO. What I would love to do is just order a laminate bench top from the Kaboodle range (Tapioca or Coconutty colour) to fit the size of the 900mm freestanding vanity unit on display at Bunnings.

I’ve asked the staff in store and they seemed to not understand what I was asking.

Has anyone else ordered a Kaboodle bench top to use on their bathroom vanity / anyone got recommendations or ideas?

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kaboodle benchtop for bathroom vanity?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hobbycollector. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cut-to-size benchtops.

Here's the Kaboodle benchtop services guide. If you were after a laminate benchtop cut to size, you'd simply fill out the form and place your order. This form is also available at your local store's Special Orders counter, where you'll be placing the order. Having a Kaboodle bench cut to size is something the team at our Special Orders counter does on a regular basis, so I'm not sure why they would not understand your request. If you've suggested it's for a bathroom vanity, that might have confused them, but I see no reason why there would be a difference. It's rather irrelevant what you are using the benchtop for; you just need it cut to a suitable size. You might need to ask a team member in the vanity section to provide the depth of the vanity, so you have that measurement for your form.

Please let me know if you continue to have difficulties placing your order.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects