Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is 100mm gap between wall and bath acceptable?

Crash76
Getting Established

Is 100mm gap between wall and bath acceptable?

Hi, we are looking at putting in a freestanding bath as part of our bathroom reno, however about 1m of the bath will fit between the wall of the shower, and the wall of the bathroom (in a corner).  I can have between 50mm and 100mm on each side of the bath as a gap, and wondering if this will be enough of a gap to get in and clean/dry the floor?  There will also be access to the sides of the bath from one end.  We cant use a back to wall bath, as there is also a window which the bath will sit in front of.

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Is 100mm gap between wall and bath acceptable

Evening @Crash76 

I wonder if you can take a pic of the area so we can get a better idea of the issues? Must admit I will be in the same bucket of questions when I do my bathroom one day as the room is smallish. My general thinking would be to set up a test with a couple of chairs with a plank tied to the tops of them.  With the back of a chair being your bath edge. This is just to get a feel of if you are able to clean, dry and pick up that inevatable bar of soap or whatever falls down between the wall and bathtub.

Dave

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is 100mm gap between wall and bath acceptable

Hi @Crash76,

While there are certainly low-profile mops and cleaning tools that could fit into a gap of 50-100mm, it does seem quite small. A test such as the one @Dave-1 has described might be handy to work out how comfortable you are with cleaning in this space.

Unfortunately, I am struggling to visualise the layout. As Dave-1 has said, some photos will help us get a better idea of the problem.

Let me know if you need some help uploading images, I'm more than happy to assist.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects