Workshop
Ask a question

How to install shower sliding door set onto tile walls?

CarolWelly
Just Starting Out

How to install shower sliding door set onto tile walls?

We selected a Torsion shower door set for a fully tiled bathroom. The information sheet says "Wall retainers must be installed onto the waterproof membrane prior to tiling." However, our builder had the tiler come in and fully tile the bathroom before installing the shower door set. They then installed the shower door directly onto the tile. The shower stall has always leaked and the builder has returned and added silicone trying to stop the leak, but it still leaks. The water seems to be coming out at the bottom corners where the glass meets the shower tray.

The builder mentioned they may have to remove the door set completely and reattach it to fix the leak. Is there any hope of this working? Will they have to remove the tiles? I'm losing faith in the builder's knowledge of what they are doing.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install shower sliding door set onto tile walls?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @CarolWelly. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about shower doors.

As we don’t stock Torsion shower doors, I’m not entirely sure if the builder’s method will solve the issue. I recommend reaching out to the manufacturer directly, as they can provide the most accurate advice and guidance for your specific situation on their products.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects