Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a scratched bathtub?

kerrie0987
Just Starting Out

How to repair a scratched bathtub?

We have a new bath from bunnings, but my kids were playing with toy cars in it. Now there are scratches into the surface.

I don't know the type of bath it was, but think it is Acrylic that they have scratched. 

How could I repear the scratches? 

Marty_greenshed
Having an Impact

Re: scratch bathtub

Hi @kerrie0987 ,

And welcome to the community!

Bunnings sell a tub and basin paint from white knight that should fix the issue, as long as it's white.  It has excellent adhesion to any surface, but maybe someone could jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

The instructions are very easy to follow and your local bunnings team member should be able to assist you.

Cheers

Marty

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: scratch bathtub

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kerrie0987. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a scratched bathtub.

Unfortunately, rejuvenation products like White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint are unsuitable for acrylic bathtubs. The acrylic flexes too much for the two-part epoxy paint and can cause issues. The only method I've heard of for removing scratches from acrylic would be to use a cutting compound and then polish them out with a buffer or polishing pad

You might like to post some pictures of the scratches so our members can better understand the issue. That way, they'd be much better placed to offer suggestions. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects