Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove a bathtub (drain) sink?

Minitots101
Building a Reputation

How to remove a bathtub (drain) sink?

Hi,

Can anyone advise what tool can I use to loosen / remove an "8-spoke-drain-sink"

IMG_4253.jpgIMG_4254.jpg

I've tried inserting needle-nose-pliers, gripping it with flat nosed pliers for leverage - But cant get this drain to budge?

I look forward to suggestions please.

Minitots101
Building a Reputation

How to Remove a bathroom faucett?

Hello Eric,

Now the bathtub has been removed, the tap spindles are there, which i will leave.  But the faucett I would like to remove?

Can you advise please?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8bkOXP0LHjs

Thanks kindly🙌

Maria

Re: How to block the drain - Now that bathtub is removed

Hi @Minitots101,

You can unscrew the S bend from the outlet pipe at the location I've marked below. It's the same process as undoing the pipe from the drain waste. Once you've undone this fitting, a 50 or 65mm cap can be glued onto the pipe to seal it. Just measure the pipe and pick up the correct cap at your local store. Please note that depending on your location, this might be considered plumbing work, requiring a licensed plumber.

The faucet can be unscrewed directly from the wall. Once again, you'll need to use multi grip pliers and lock them onto the spout; you'll then be able to turn it anti-clockwise to remove it from the wall.

Mitchell

unscrew.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Mitchell - You are Terrific with your advise!!

So, once the cap is glued onto the pipe to seal it, can I then cover the entire area in cement?

See a clearer image of the same pipes sitting in the sandy area, the rest of the floor is cemented.

Please advise 😁Can I cemement where purple border isCan I cemement where purple border iscan i saw the pipe lower and seal it?can i saw the pipe lower and seal it?

That is correct, @Minitots101. However, once you undo that nut and disconnect the pipe from the S bend, you should be able to pull this entire S bend section out of the sand; no need to cut the pipes. 

Mitchell

this.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Mitchell - you're brilliant - thats what I'll try now🙌

How I LOVE Bunnings Workshop EXPERTS!!💖💞❣️👏 - Cheeeeers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects