Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to move taps from hardboard to gib?

Nesian
Getting Established

How to move taps from hardboard to gib?

Hello,

I have a few taps around the house that are attached to hardboard (70's house). I want to rip the hardboard off and replace with plasterboard. The difference between the thickness of the hardboard compared to the plasterboard means there may not be enough room to screw the taps back in again.

What do you do in this situation?

Thanks
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How To Move Taps From Hardboard To Gib?

Hello @Nesian 

Thanks for sharing your question about moving your taps. Just a friendly reminder that any plumbing work must be done by a licensed plumber.

It's possible that the plumber will either use a Kinetic 15mm Wall Tap Spindle Extender - 2 Pack or a Brasshards 15mm Brass Male / Female Threaded Adaptor to extend the mounting point of the taps. There is also the option of welding more copper pipe to your existing plumbing. But it all depends on what the plumber will find when the taps are taken out.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nesian
Getting Established

Re: How To Move Taps From Hardboard To Gib?

Thank you for that.

I wasn't too sure if that was the case or not. I had seen a couple of videos using the tap extender, so I was hoping it was something a home owner can do. It seems crazy that you have to call out a plumber to do such a easy procedure. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects