Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to insulate bathroom tiled external wall?

st22
Cultivating a Following

How to insulate bathroom tiled external wall?

The external wall of the bathroom is rather cold and it has a window, and the sink and the bathtub adjacent to it. What panel would be an affordable and efficient solution that can be exposed to water and high humidity on daily basis, and helps keep the room warmer?

20240716_172253.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to insulate bathroom tiled external wall

Hello @st22 

Thanks for sharing your question about insulating your tiled external wall. I'm currently unaware of a rigid external insulator that you can install by D.I.Y. and is waterproof and withstand high humidity. I can only speculate as to how much such a system might cost.

On the other hand, removing your tiles and installing Earthwool R2.7 SHD 90mm x 430mm x 1160mm 5.0m² Insulation SoundShield Wall Batt - Pack of 10 along with a double-glazed window will give you guaranteed results in regards to insulation.  

These are tried and tested methods that provide measurable results. I propose speaking to a builder or handy person and getting a quote to remove your tile wall and installing wall batts and re-tiling your bathroom wall. You'll at least have something concrete in your hand if you wish to insulate your bathroom.

Let me call on our experienced members, @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects