Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a shower screen in a rental property?

Tbutter95
Finding My Feet

How to install a shower screen in a rental property?

hey there, would like to know if there’s a damage free way to install a screen on my bath/shower, I say it like that cause the showers in the bath obviously ha, am in a private rental and water is ruining the bathroom yes I’ve changed the head and still nothing. Can’t really be drilling or doing any demo work due to it being a rental

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to install a shower screen in a rental property?

Hi @Tbutter95m,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's good to have you join us. 

Can we please trouble you for a few photos of the bathroom so we can see what you are dealing with and if there's any way to install a shower curtain?

We would also obviously encourage you to have a good chat with the landlord. If water is damaging the bathroom then I'm sure they would be concerned and want to address the problem with a permanent solution.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I have spoken to them and because it’s public housing they have said to use a shower curtain.. which I have already and there isn’t a single one that I have used that works 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi @Tbutter95 

In   a rental the owner may not appreciate  the  high quality goals of your shower  screen.

Do following  @Jason  solution  of a shower curtian  coupled with an  expanding and self gripping between two walls  Extenda Rail will require  no mounting damage to the rental and is portable to your new place when that happens.  I like the crystal clear curtains as they very clear and a stiffer material as I hate the flimsy shower  curtains that wrap around  and cling to you if you brush  against them.

Handi Homes 107-198cm Black Extenda Rail

I/N: 0236110

$22.45

• Self-supporting
  • Install or remove in seconds
  • Holds 7kg
  • Fits opening 107cm to 198cm
  • For curtains, clothes-airing, drip dry, after iron, wardrobe, tea towel rail, etc
Self-supporting aluminium rail in black finish that stretches to fit between doorways and walls. Install or remove in seconds.

No cutting. No screws or glue. Rubber ends protect walls from damage. Great for curtains, clothes airing, tea towel rail, clothes hanger, etc.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Tbutter95 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jewelleryrescue

I'm sorry but I'm currently unaware of a shower door system that can be installed without using screws. Perhaps if you show them a picture of what has been happening, they will reconsider your request? But should that not work out, I'm afraid I can only suggest the same thing and that is to use a self-supporting extension rail and a shower curtain.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects