Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a bidet sprayer?

noleafclover
Just Starting Out

How to install a bidet sprayer?

Hi,

I have been thinking of adding a bidet sprayer hose to the toilet but all the taps in our toilet are in-wall wall-mounted mixers, and the toilet flusher is in-wall too. Is there any possibility of somehow installing a 3-way diverter or something to the in-wall mixers or taps to do this?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Possibility of extending a wall-mounted tap

Hi @noleafclover,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

It sounds like the supply line does not have an accessible tap connection outside of the wall. Is this correct? If it's possible, some photos of the toilet and the water supply line would come in handy for our members to devise a solution.

Let me know if you need a hand uploading images, I'd be more than happy to help.

Unfortunately, if the tap is not set up in a way that you could use an adaptor such as this Brasshards 2 Way Cistern Tap, it's very likely you will have to get a plumber to assist. 

Let me know how you go uploading images and if you have any other questions.

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for your answer and guidance.
You can see an image of how/where the bathroom parts are located together with the taps and spout. The curved spout I marked with a red circle can be easily rotated out. Can I consider replacing it with something like this? Or do you have any other recommendations?

bathroom.png

Best regards

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @noleafclover 

Thanks for posting that reference to the Shaw & Mason Chrome Bath Spout With Diverter. If the brass outlet is a standard 15mm fitting, then it should work. But if it is a custom fitting for that spout assembly the replacement spout will not fit. Keep in mind that with the hose attached to the spout it will not look very nice.

In this particular instance, I suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber as they will have a better idea of where to link your bidet sprayer. The bonus of course is that the connection will be done to code and is covered under the plumber's warranty.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects