Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix paint lumps on cabinet doors after using Dulux Renovation Range?

PaigeRenovation
Just Starting Out

How to fix paint lumps on cabinet doors after using Dulux Renovation Range?

I purchased dulux renovation range cabinet doors - both primer and the colour.

I applied primer with a 4mm nap roller but later found once cured it has some drip marks because it’s a runny product. I sanded back these to a smooth surface. I then applied two coats of the colour (tinted to lexicon half) and overall the doors look good and are smooth however I’m noticing some lumps around the edges of the doors.

how can I fix this? 

IMG_9365.jpeg

IMG_9366.jpeg

IMG_9367.jpeg

IMG_9368.jpeg

   

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix paint lumps on cabinet doors after using Dulux Renovation Range?

Hi @PaigeRenovation,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand.

Please note that a couple of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts are taking a well-earned break at the moment, so there might be a bit of a delay before one can get back to you. Sorry about that.

Let me see if some other helpful members can share their thoughts on next steps for you: 

@nicoleherrick@Aaina@Shirld@stelz@newbie23.     

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix paint lumps on cabinet doors after using Dulux Renovation Range?

Hi @PaigeRenovation,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your project.

It's unusual that you keep getting this buildup on the edges. If these are due to paint build up as in the case of the primer, then I'd suggest that sanding them back would be the best way forward. You might then like to do two-three light coats rather than a heavy one.

Try to keep your roller entirely on the flat surface, though I understand that it isn't easy to do at an edge. I suspect you might be running slightly over the edge with your final stroke, and the corner edge of the cabinet door is probably overly compressing the roller, forcing excessive paint out of it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects