Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a crack in bathroom sink?

siya
Just Starting Out

How to fix a crack in bathroom sink?

Hi everyone 

how do I go about fixing this minor crack in my bathroom sink?

IMG_0885.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a crack in bathroom sink?

Hello @siya 

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your bathroom sink.

If there is a chip on your sink, I suggest using PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste to patch the damage. My best advice is to mix only what you need and sculpt the putty in the same shape as the basin. It can be sanded down if you wish but it would be less work if you can feather the edges so that you won't have to do a great deal of sanding. Please note that the putty will dry off white and will not match your basins colour. For a quick touch up, I propose using Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Touch Up Kit.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
siya
Just Starting Out

Thank you!

It’s a very small crack- I was recommended the off white silicon sealant in ivory- would that work better?IMG_0901.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @siya 

Yes, that will work as well, please make sure to wear disposable gloves so that you can sculpt the silicone into the crack. Please note that the silicone is not as strong as the putty, and you might need to replace it from time to time.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects