Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I connect a garden hose to my shower?

tika23
Just Starting Out

How can I connect a garden hose to my shower?

Hi, how can I connect a garden hose to my shower? I purchased the pope indoor tap adapter and it was too big to fit (it says it connects a 12 mm garden hose to an indoor tap and is suitable for taps with M22 x 1 female and M24 x 1 male thread). I'm not sure what size my pipe thread is but I've attached photos of it alongside a ruler. Can someone help me figure out what adapter I need please? I need the garden hose as I have a soap spray hose attachment and I need it to wash my dog.Pic of the pipe.Pic of the pipe.What size is it? And what adapter do I need?What size is it? And what adapter do I need?Pope tap adapter was too big (I assume it's for laundry room taps and not showers)Pope tap adapter was too big (I assume it's for laundry room taps and not showers)

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I connect a garden hose to my shower?

Hello @tika23 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about connecting your garden hose to your shower.

The device you currently have only works for tapware with aerator filters such as kitchen and basin taps. The outlet for your shower is a standard 15mm hose outlet, which means that any regular 15mm brass fitting will work on it. I suggest using a Brasshards 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush in combination with a Pope 12mm Universal Tap Adaptor. Once you screw these two pieces together, you'll be able to attach a regular garden hose with a clip-on fitting.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects